Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 15, 2008

and that dang car

I just took it to Rusty in the Land Far Away to have it all scoped out (winter) and now I have it back. dang.

"Service Engine Soon!" It says this adamantly; Rusty says it's the gas cap so I got a new one that I haven't figured out how to put on yet (I know, I know, but it's more complicated than you might think), plus, why doesn't it just say "Replace Gas Cap At Once!" instead of being so ambiguous about it; haughty old thing- plus the COVER that covers the whole gas cap assemblage is hanging by its last rusted thread; so I'm thinking duct tape but I refuse to stoop that low, gotta think of something else.

when I got the car back the driver's door had its lining? whatever it is vinyl stuff that holds the window in place I guess, all sticking out. (what did you do that for Rusty?) Today, when I got in the car to come home, the speaker that is in the door itself was dangling there about a foot down, by its wires. I swear I never touched it.

So this car is destructing itself a piece at a time. I can't wait until the parts are all dangling and flapping at once.

Hey - why is his name "Rusty"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home