Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday

I will skip Mondays from now on good grief

Phone rings non-stop, some calls are from the out of state job - some of the heavy equipment did not show up - I must now find a local (to them) supplier TODAY (I did it: rowrr) - fax - scan - drawings - email; meetings - consults about state charters (is that REALLY necessary?)
some calls are pre-recorded telemarketing calls (is that even LEGAL?) some calls are from employees I didn't even know yet that we had. We are now signatory to 6 unions in 3 different states. I suppose this means we're doing good. I think.

Well, there you have it. This is why I can never die. My job is now so confusing I can't explain to anyone else how to do it.

this is also why I haven't been on here much lately - I hiss when I see a computer after work.

Speaking of computer hate:
Here's an interesting little thing: sitemeter went and did itself an update Saturday/Sunday; which update made it pretty useless to have; as I was wandering around in there for several hours finding my usual stuff which seemed to have been hidden away - this was after I spent an hour or so figuring out how to get IN it . If you don't know, sitemeter is the tiny little thing at the way bottom of here that you can click to see who's been visiting here, blah, blah. Anyway, I thought it was just me being stupid about stuff that I can't figure out, as usual.
har - it was all over the internet, people screaming about it. It's Not Just Me!!! huzzah and - THEY PUT IT BACK!! yup they had so many complaints they took the new hidden mystery thing away and gave me back my familiar good old thing. Power to the people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home