Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Backup Dog????

When Einstein was 8 yrs old, I kept telling Bob, (only half joking): "we need to get a backup dog!" so one night he brings me a local rag that had Golden puppies listed, in Middlefield. so we decided just, to go SEE them. Well, you should never just go SEE puppies, because trust me, you will come home with a puppy. I mean, there is no way not to. I had to fight with Bob not to bring TWO of them home; I'm just saying; it's not just me.

thus, Mercy came to be with us. Now, Mercy has leapt into both of our hearts and just settled right in there DEEP.
This causes us great anxiety. We remember: it was only a couple of months after we got Mercy that Einstein went blind and we found he had a tumour behind his eye, and a month later, he was gone. It was truly a very horrible experience for us (but mostly for him), my Buddy, my feet layer, just to be gone in such the horrible way that he went. and Mercy was such a comfort and is embedded into our beings in a way that I know you dog owners will recognize full well.

Well.

Tonight, I told Bob, "Maybe we should think about getting a backup dog?" (only half joking) and I kid you not, a half hour later he brings me the same local rag, with an ad, from Middlefield, for Golden puppies.

I called the number after two false starts, (got a message saying it was disconnected) because the number was printed in the paper wrong - I finally tried the prefix of the ad in front of it (knowing data entry people the way I do) - and I finally got the puppy people. the first thing I said was, "do you know the number is printed wrong in the ad?" - and, yes, they did; they are getting that fixed. And then we talked puppies. There are 2 females and I think 7, males blah, blah, and colors and such, so I said, ok. My husband and I have to talk this over; I will call you back, my name is blah, blah, blah - and she says "Sara? This is Cheryl!"

WHAT?.... This is my cousin John's wife , these are THEIR puppies; this is THEIR phone # that was all wrong, although I ferreted it out, although I doubt anyone else did, so for now the ad is ALL MINE. (and the whole time, the number was in my address book, if only I knew)

wth?

and what do you think? Is this not weird? I didn't even know they had dogs, although John says I did; I discussed Einstein's color with him many moons ago, supposedly. (I attribute this to Alzheimer's.(mine) In any case I feel sure I did not know they were into having puppies! Was this meant to be? What should I do? I feel I must get a puppy, now, it's so weird... someone talk me down.

Hurry.

If we get a girl, her name will be Grace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it. Wait until Mercy dies, Oscar dies, then all you will have is Surely and Goodness. Then get another cat named Mercy. Cats are more easier and travel well.

1:07 AM, December 23, 2009  
Blogger Sara said...

NO MORE CATS!

6:58 PM, January 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home